Anyone entering or wishing to enter any of our campgrounds at Mountain Jam must have a 3-day admission ticket with campground access. This ticket does not give you a campsite to camp in, but just the ability to go in and out of the campgrounds for the weekend.
Campground access is available on 3-day General Admission, VIP, and Super VIP tickets. Campground Access is not available for single day ticket holders.
Hunter Highlands residents & guests: In order to cut through the campgrounds to access the festival, you MUST purchase an admission ticket with campground access. If you do not have this, you will be denied entry at our campground entrances.
For all campers: Please beware of bears! Don’t leave food or garbage out or around your tent/campsite.
New York State Department of Health Regulations
Prohibited items include:
- Gasoline and liquid accelerants
- Generators are prohibited in all areas except for RV Campgrounds
- Weapons or fireworks of any kind
- Glass bottles
- Illegal substances
- Open flame, including charcoal or wood fires, of any kind
- TENT CAMPSITES: No grilling of any kind. Please see Tent Camping grilling outline below.
- CAR CAMPSITES: Grills and stoves with a grilling surface area no larger than 450 square inches (20” x 22.5” or 15” x30”). No propane tanks will be allowed larger than 16.4 oz.
- RV CAMPSITES: Only propane grills are allowed. There are no restrictions on size of grill nor size of propane tanks in RV Campsite areas only.
Please note: this list of items is subject to change at any time by the New York State Department of Health. Please cooperate with Mountain Jam staff by abiding by their regulations. Security will be checking for and will confiscate any prohibited items. All confiscated items will not be returned.
Tent Camping Grilling Policies
Your safety is our #1 priority and we’ve worked hard with the New York Department of Health (DOH) to ensure everyone has a safe and fun stay on the mountain. Per DOH safety regulations, grilling, cooking or open flames of any kind will not be allowed in the tent camping area. There will be a central charcoal grilling area in tent camping and staff will provide grills, and will be maintaining them throughout the designated time of operation. Tent campers should bring your food, bring your cooking utensils, then leave the grill at home and we’ll get you fired up!
Tent Camping Grilling Hours are 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM Friday through Sunday
- A minimum of 5 feet of separation must be maintained between all tents in the tent camping area
- Tents are not permitted in the painted walkways in the campground areas
- Per New York Department of Health regulations, grilling of any kind will not be allowed in the tent camping area. Staff will facilitate a central charcoal grilling area in tent camping during designated times that will be posted closer to the festival
- Tent Tags must be clearly displayed at all times
- Portable restrooms are available 24 hours a day in the campground areas
- Sites are unassigned
- Free parking for Tent Campers will be available off-site at Hunter Airport
- Only one vehicle is permitted per campsite
- Only one walled tent is allowed per car camping site. Maximum size 10ft x 10ft including vestibules and attachments.
- Vehilce, tents, pop-up shelters, and camping activities must fit entirely within a 10 ft x 30 ft space.
- Vehicles may not be moved after being parked by event staff.
- Propane grills and stoves are permitted provided that the grilling surface is no larger than 450 square inches (20″x22.5″ or 15″x30″)
- Propane tanks cannot be larger than 16.4 oz
- There is not a water hookup for RVs. Water is available for delivery for an additional charge
- Campfires are not permitted
- Sewage pump and fill is available for an additional charge, please call 518-719-6403
- Electric hook ups are available for Mountain Top Campsites only
- Generators are allowed in RV Campgrounds
- Only one steering wheel vehicle is allowed per RV site
- Only propane grilling is allowed. There are no restrictions on size of tank nor grill
Allowed & Prohibited Items
In Campground Areas
In Concert Field Area
* If you’re camping and getting ready to make your way into the festival, remember to leave the prohibited items not allowed in the concert field at your campsite.
If Camping, Remember To Bring
- Flag/Balloon to identify your site
- Toilet Paper
- Small luggage lock for your tent
- Coolers – Please keep in mind that outside beverages and food are not allowed outside of the campgrounds